Monday, October 4, 2010

That's just too bad..., isn't it?

It is 6:00 am..., as I sit here on this exercise bike with a heart rate of 130 bpm. My alarm went off 30 minutes ago and I didn't even feel like getting out of bed to turn it off..., that's too bad. As I looked into my bathroom mirror contemplating what I was preparing to do and why I was going to do it, I decided I should go back to bed..., that's too bad. At 6:00 am my body is stiff, my blood is cold, and the thought of a nice warm blanket is quite comforting..., that's too bad. These feelings..., these thoughts..., they are insignificant. They are meaningless because I have denied myself the luxury of being able to make a choice in the matter. I am on this bike..., at 6:00 am..., with a heart rate of 130 bpm..., covered in sweat..., because I don't have a choice. Is this normal? No..., it is quite abnormal. But it is action of this abnormal nature which results in my abnormal appearance. It is what makes me different. It is what separates me from the vast nothingness known as normality. Why do I do this? Because God has blessed me with the ability to do so, and I was raised to cherish and embrace the things with which God blesses you. It is not easy. It is hard, and can be downright maddening at times..., that's too bad. Somewhere right now..., some guy that will be standing next to me onstage in seven weeks just hit the snooze button and decided to sleep in today, and you know what? That's just too bad isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment